Men’s and Women’s Water Polo Teams Claim Titles

Men’s Water Polo team holds up number ones after they won sections for the second time in a row.

Jacob Chigbrow

Andrew Espinoza, Guest Writer

Hoping to continue the legacy of the team dove head first into the oncoming season. With the combined efforts of both head coaches Eric Johnson and John Price the boys were able to continue the legacy and more.

This year the starting line up was surprisingly young with the starters consisting of four sophomores. With this squad and the success they have had it is very promising for the coming years.

Aidan Jang, a major contributor to this year’s team and leader of steals on the team was pivotal in many of the overtime games. Scoring the game winning goal in four of the six overtime wins this season.

Not having a defined set as compared to previous years the team looked to one of their seniors Cole Dixon to step up and force the defense to come crashing back. Cole topping off the season with 104 goals was one of the leading factors to the team’s success.

With the help of Peter Poirier one of the starting sophomores who is the youngest ever player to break the most assists in the schools history. With a total of 77 assist this season Peter brings a promising future for the Raider water polo program.

At the annual Villa Park tournament the team came in fourth tying the school’s best finish. This is especially impressive because two of the games were overtime wins against Righetti (13-12) and host Villa Park (14-13).

The team dominated in Sections, claiming the title with a 9-3 win over Buhach Colony. Having a slow start in the first three quarters the team finally put it into four gear in the fourth quarter and score six goals and only letting one by.

• Sports

JV Softball

• Sports

Golf Summary

• Men’s and Women’s Water Polo Teams Claim Titles

Sports

Swim Team 2018

Sports

Men’s soccer team wins Davis tournament

Sports

Jack Scott tournament returns to Rio

• Sports

Sports required to comply with federal regulations

Sports

Junior referee keeps players in line

Sports

Girls soccer team dominant in early matches

• Sports

Softball field to get an upgrade

• Sports

Women’s Basketball looks to grow