Q&A: Megan McGlamery, English Teacher

Synia Thrower-Roach, Staff Writer

Where did you go to high school?
“I went to Rio Americano and graduated in 2007. The school was, and it still is great. It was very similar to how things are now a lot of the same teacher are still here. Everyone was very helpful and friendly.”

What were you like in high school and what activities did you participate in?
“I was in a variety of things. I was in band and on the swim team and took yearbook.”

Where did you go to college? What was your major? How did you decide on the major?:
“I attended San Diego State University and majored in French, starting in public relations, I realized I loved French Grammar instead.”

What did you do before you became a teacher? And what was the most interesting non-teaching job you have had?
“I taught English as a second language in the Czech Republic from 2013-2014. I was also a busser at The Old Spaghetti Factory and a server during college and worked on a online magazine in San Diego.”

Where did you teach before coming to Rio? How does Rio compare?
I taught at a small school in Natomas called Leroy Greene Academy which is a K-12 charter school with only 750 students. This is very different from Rio’s crowded population of thousands of students.”

Tell us about your family.
“I am not married, nor do I have any children. My parents live in Carmichael and my mother is also a teacher. I have one step brother who just graduated from Chico and a stepsister who just became a real estate agent.”